The IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria is prescribed by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection[IBPS]. The IBPS determines the Eligibility Criteria for all the applicants who are willing to appear in IBPS PO 2020 Exam. As per the Eligibility Criteria, any applicant whose age is between 20 to 30 years can apply for the exam.
Before filling the application form the applicants must meet the Eligibility Criteria set for the IBPS PO 2020 Exam. Also, the Eligibility Criteria of IBPS PO consists of 3 factors which are necessary to meet in order to appear for the exam
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are appearing for the IBPS PO exam must fulfill their Eligibility Criteria and also consider the age relaxation provided. There are 3 levels in Eligibility Criteria Nationality, Age-based, and Educational Qualification. So check out all the details to fulfill the needs of Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be Citizen of India
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is forever settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- A Person of Indian origin who has moved from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the purpose of living in India permanently.
- IBPS PO age section is between 20 to 30 years which means he or she must have been born between August 2, 1989, and August 1, 1999,
- There is age relaxation for reserved categories as well.
|OBC Non-Creamy Layer||3 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- Applicants seeking age in relaxation have to submit the necessary documents
- There is no reservation for Ex-Servicemen in Officer’s Cadre
- SC/ST and OBC can apply for a maximum of two exemptions
- The maximum age limit is applicable to Economically Weaker Section [EWS] and General Category [GC] Applicants
- Applicant must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government.
- The applicant should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Applicants should have passed with English as one of the subjects from SSC to Graduation level
- The Section of Percentage will be ignored i.e. 54.99% will be treated as less than 55% and 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%
- The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semesters/years By aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects calculated by 100.
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria for EWS Category
Applicants who do not fall under the SC/ST/OBC Categories and whose family income is less than 8 Lakh RS are identified as EWS Applicants i.e. Economically Weaker Section[ EWS]. These Applicants will get 10% benefit for reservation of the vacancies released by IBPS
The income shall include from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, profession, business. However, the family who owns assets are not included in this category
- 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above
- 1000 sq. ft. and above of Residential flat of
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria for PWD Category
As per the Government of India norms, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for reservation under section 34 of ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016’.
The categories of disabilities eligible to avail reservation under the Act is as follows:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Blindness and low vision
- intellectual disability, autism, mental illness, and specific learning disability
- locomotor disability including leprosy cured, cerebral palsy, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, and acid attack victims
People with benchmark disabilities will be allocated the reserved vacancies as prescribed in the ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by Participating banks.
Guidelines for PWD using a Scribe
- Applicants suitable for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination have to apply for the same in the IBPS PO Application Form.
- The scribe managed by the candidate may be from any educational background but should not be an applicant for the online examination under (CRP-PO/MT-IX)
- The scribe used by the candidate is suitable for compensatory time of 20 mins or otherwise recommended for the full hour of the examination.
- Applicants have to arrange their scribe at their own cost.
Guidelines for Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy Applicants
- Applicants are whose having 40% locomotor disability and Cerebral Palsy given compensatory time of 20 Minutes/hr
Guidelines for Visually Impaired Applicants
- Applicants who are Visually Impaired suffering from not less than 40% of disability may opt to see the contents of the test (question paper) in magnified font and all such candidates will be qualified for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of the exam.
Guidelines for Intellectual Disabled Candidates
- Applicants will be given compensatory time of 20 min/hr of the exam only if they have than 40% Intellectually Disability (mentally ill, Autistic, or have Specific Learning Disability) irrespective of availing the Scribe services.
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria FAQ
1. Is there any limit on the number of attempts for IBPS PO?
– No, there is no limit on the number of attempts
2. Candidates having a gap of few years in their academic career, can they apply for the IBPS PO exam?
– Yes, as long as the candidate fulfills the specified eligibility criteria
3. I am a Tibetan refugee residing in India. Am I eligible to fill and submit the IBPS PO application form?
– Yes you are eligible to fill and submit the IBPS PO application form
So if you have any doubt regarding IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria then write to us in the comment part below. We will solve all your difficulties and problems.