The IBPS PO 2020 Exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection every year. This exam is one of the most popular exams. It conducts a common written exam (CWE) every year. All over the country, they select the candidates for Probationary Officer in multiple public sector banks.
Every year Lakhs of students apply for this exam to take a seat and to achieve their dream to become a banker. IBPS PO is one of the most competitive exams in India for PO Job. The selection of IBPS PO is held in 3 Stages. They are Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.
The applicants can click here to see all the details of the official website of IBPS. So in this article, we will give all the important details regarding the IBPS PO 2020.
Also if you are an IBPS SO Candidate and looking for full details then click here and know all the details regarding IBPS SO 2020 Exam
IBPS PO 2020 Overview
The applicants must know the overview of IBPS PO. IBPS PO 2020 is one of the most awaited Banking exams, for which a huge number of vacancies are released. The amount of competition is also quite high. So you will find all the important details in the list given below
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for Probationary Officers|
|Short Form||IBPS PO|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Select as||Probationary Officer|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based (Online)|
|Help Desk Number||1800-222-366 or 1800-103-4566|
IBPS PO 2020 Notification
Applicants who are looking for IBPS PO 2020 Exam can click here and check the notification from the official website of IBPS. The start date of the online application will be on August 7, 2020. Also, the last date to submit the application form will be on August 28, 2020. On the other hand, the IBPS PO information release date is not declared yet. Thus, the other details will be released along with the IBPS PO notification pdf.
IBPS PO 2020: Exam Dates
To prepare for the exam one just know the important exam dates in order to score and achieve maximum marks in an exam. Also to strategize your preparation and perform accordingly. The exam dates of IBPS PO 2020 are given below:
|Application Process Start date||August 7, 2020|
|Applications Form Submission Last date||August 28, 2020|
|Application Fees Online Payment Last Date||August 28, 2020|
|Last date to download your application form||September 12, 2020|
|The download of call letters – Pre-Exam Training for Probationary Officer||September 2020|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||September 23, 2020, to September 28, 2020|
|The download of Call letters for online examination- Prelims||October 2020|
|Preliminary Exam Dates||October 3, 4 and 10, 2020 (Released)|
|Preliminary Exam – Result date||October/November 2020|
|The download of Call letters for online examination- Mains||November 2020|
|IBPS PO 2020 Mains Exam Date||November 28, 2020 (Released)|
|Declaration of Mains Exam Result||December 2020|
IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are appearing for the IBPS PO exam must fulfill their Eligibility Criteria and also consider the age relaxation provided. There are 3 levels in Eligibility Criteria Nationality, Age-based, and Educational Qualification. So check out all the details to fulfill the needs of Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be Citizen of India
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is forever settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- A Person of Indian origin who has moved from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the purpose of living in India permanently.
- IBPS PO age section is between 20 to 30 years which means he or she must have been born between August 2, 1989, and August 1, 1999,
- There is age relaxation for reserved categories as well.
|OBC Non-Creamy Layer||3 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- Applicant must be a Graduate in any stream from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Central Government.
- The applicant should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Applicants should have passed with English as one of the subjects from SSC to Graduation level
Click Here to Read More About IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO 2020 Exam is conducted on 3 stages. Preliminary, Mains, and Interview. Both Prelims and Mains exam are online based test. The exam pattern for Prelims and Mains stages are given below:
Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
- The total marks for this paper are 100.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer.
Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper||Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|Objective Test||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General Awareness, Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|Descriptive Test||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 min|
- To be able to move on to the next stage of the exam, candidates have to score above the bank PO cutoff announced by the institute as well as the separate cutoffs.
- The marks are not implied to successful candidates earlier to the interview.
Those who have qualified for the mains exam will be called for a face to face interview. The interview will contain a total of 100 marks. Usually, the interview will be of 15 to 20 minutes. Also, the panel will consist of Bank officials. The applicants must be confident and well dressed while going for an interview.
The final list will be calculated by the marks obtained in the mains exam and also for the interview. the ratio of mains and interviews of the final merit list will be 80:20.
- Only the marks of mains and interview are calculated for the overall merit list. Prelims marks are just qualifying in nature
IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of the IBPS PO exam is divide into two parts mainly for the Preliminary and Mains. It is an important part of the preparation. The Syllabus of IBPS is almost the same as any other banking exam.
IBPS PO Preliminary Syllabus
The Prelims Syllabus is classified into three parts mainly English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Mixtures &Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest &
Surds & Indices
|Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating-Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination, Probability|
IBPS PO 2020 Mains Syllabus
The mains syllabus of IBPS PO is the same as the preliminary syllabus except for a few topics. The mains syllabus is divided into 4 parts. There are different topics for each subject. These topics are similar to other banking exams. The list of topics for IBPS PO Mains Syllabus is given below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Linear Equation||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Permutation and Combination||Computer Abbreviation|
|And Probability||Microsoft Office|
|Mixture and Allegations||Computer Hardware|
|Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
Click here to Read More about IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus
IBPS PO 2020 Pre Examination Training
The IBPS will start its Pre Examination Training from September. The call letters are released for the IBPS Probationary Officers. Applicants can check the details on the official website of IBPS. The Pre Examination Training will be held at various centers. It will be held across the country from September to October.
IBPS PO 2020 Application Form
IBPS Po 2020 Application Form will be available online in the month of August 2020. Those Applicants who are willing to appear for the IBPS PO 2020 Exam are required to fill the application form on the official website of IBPS. The application fee is Rs 600/- for General and OBC and Rs 100/- for SC/ST/PWD. The Application form is to be filled in the online mode only.
Applicants who are looking to appear for the IBPS PO 2020 Exam must check the IBPS PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria so that they should be aware of the important factors that are necessary in order for the IBPS PO Exam
All Applicants who have successfully completed their Graduation in the month of August are eligible to apply for the IBPS PO 2020 Exam. Those applicants who are eligible for Pre-Examination Training must apply for the same.
To Know More about IBPS PO 2020 Application Form then click here
IBPS PO 2020 Admit Card
Applicants who are aspiring for Mains Exam which means those who have qualified for the Prelims can download the Admit Card. The Admit Card will be available from the official website of IBPS. A hard copy of the Admit Card will not be sent to applicants by post.
The Call Letter for the IBPS Interview Process will be issued to those candidates who will successfully clear the IBPS PO Mains Exam. The Admit Card will be available to download 15 days before the exam. The Admit Card issued is issued separately for each phase of the examination. The date of the admit card is different for each exam.
Steps to Download Admit Card
Applicants need to follow the listed steps to download the Admit Cards without any hassle:
- Click here Go to the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the link shown on the home page for the admit card.
- Enter your registration number & password to login to the page.
- Now, enter Captcha & click on the submit button.
- A new page showing your IBPS PO admit card will appear.
- Download & save the copy of the admit card.
Click here Read More about IBPS PO 2020 Admit Card
IBPS PO 2020 Application Fee
The application fees for each category are given below. The application fees must be paid online and not offline. Fees once paid cannot be refunded on any account nor it can be held in reserve for any other exam.
The applicants should know the exact details of the application fee so as to avoid confusion. Check out the complete details of Application Fees given below:
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
IBPS PO 2020 Vacancy
There are more than 5000+ vacancies for the Probationary Officers. The official notification of IBPS PO will be expected to be released in July 2020. Every year more than 20 Lakh students appear for the IBPS PO Exam. Last year there were 4336 vacancies.
The Vacancies for IBPS PO are very important for all the applicants. The online registration of IBPS PO will start from August 2020. The vacancy list will help you to judge the overall competition of the exam
IBPS PO 2020 Preparation
- Applicants must prepare in a systematic manner for IBPS PO Exam.
- The applicants must know the syllabus and exam pattern. It is also important to choose the right study books to score good marks in an exam.
- Preparation should involve all the topics in a proper manner so that students should be focused and clear.
- Don’t lose hope while you are stuck with any question be focused and stay positive.
- Be clear and study all the topics and also be consistent with your hard work.
- Make a daily note of all the topics that you have learned and how many are left.
- Also, you will get a clear idea of how to complete the syllabus.
- Learn your topics online.
- If you are not familiar with online read the books of IBPS PO.
- In this way, you will be consistent
IBPS PO 2020 Participating Banks
These are the participating banks for the IBPS PO 2020. These Banks play an important role in IBPS PO 2020. Check the full details in the below-given list:
|IBPS PO Participating Banks|
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Bank||UCO Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Indian Overseas Bank||United Bank of India||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||Union Bank of India||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Dena Bank||Syndicate Bank||Vijaya Bank||IDBI Bank|
IBPS PO 2020 Selection Procedure:
The IBPS PO Selection Procedure Consists of 3 Stages. All 3 stages need to be cracked in order to become an IBPS Probationary Officer. So I will give you the detail of all 3 Stages that all applicants must know about it.
- Prelims Exam: The IBPS PO Prelims Exam is easy and passing in nature. You have to secure minimum qualifying marks in each subject to qualify for the next selection.
- Mains Exam: If you are able to score minimum and overall cutoff in this stage then you will be called for the last stage of selection. The Syllabus of the Mains exam is quite difficult than the Prelims Exam. In order to get to the interview stage, you have to score good marks in Mains Exam. The marks of the Mains exam is very important and it will be considered for Selection.
- Interview: The Interview is the main stage to become a Probationary Officer. The interview is a face to face round. All the questions will be asked directly by the panel members. Based on the performance the applicants will be selected for Probationary Officer. For more details, you can go to the official website of IBPS
IBPS PO 2020 Salary
The IBPS PO 2020 Salary is gaining tremendous popularity due to its amazing Benefits and Perks given to the Applicants after becoming an IBPS Probationary Officer [PO]. Every year Lakhs of Applicants apply for the IBPS PO Exam in order to get a Wonderful Salary and to get other benefits as well.
It is one of the best Banking Jobs in India when it comes to Financial Sectors. The IBPS holds as very respective position and also gives us various benefits and handsome salary to the IBPS PO Aspirants. Applicants who are appearing for the IBPS PO 2020 Exam must be curious about the Salary Structure, Perks and Benefits, and Other Factors.
Know more about IBPS PO 2020 Salary then click here
IBPS PO 2020 Results
The result of IBPS PO is released in 3 stages one after the other. Those applicants who have passed the prelims exam will qualify for the mains exam. However, those applicants who secured cutoff marks in Mains exam will be qualified for the interview. lastly, IBPS will release the final list by combining the marks of mains and interview. The applicants can go and check on the official website of IBPS by entering their roll number or password. However, the mains result will be out on January 2021.
Also, Read – IBPS PO 2020 Result
IBPS PO 2020 FAQ
1. How many attempts are there in the IBPS PO?
There are no attempts at all you can give many attempts just they have to prepare for the exam and score good marks.
2. Does the IBPS PO Exam have a negative marking?
Yes the IBPS PO Exam has a negative marking of 0.25 marks. So applicants must take their time and solve questions properly to avoid negative marking. The negative marks will affect your paper so think and write.
3. What is the selection procedure in the IBPS PO Exam?
The selection process of the IBPS PO Exam is divided into 3 steps. In order to be selected, you have to clear all 3 stages to become a Probationary Officer
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
4. How many vacancies are released every year for IBPS PO Exam?
Last year the number of vacancies released was 4336. So this year, it is expected that 5000 vacancies will be released for IBPS PO Exam.
5. When will the IBPS PO Exam be conducted?
The IBPS PO Prelims Exam will be conducted on 3rd, 4th, and 10th October 2020. The mains exam is will be held on 28th November 2020.
6. Is there any common interview after the written exam?
Yes, there will be a common interview. The IBPS PO selection process consists of a personal interview. Those applicants who have scored maximum marks will be selected for an interview. After the interview, they will be selected as IBPS PO
So if you have any doubt regarding IBPS PO 2020 then write to us in the comment part below. We will solve all your difficulties and problems.